The research activities carried out through the Scientific Research Centre range over almost all fields of natural and social science. The main directions of scientific research are concentrated in: nanotechnologies and new materials, information and communication technologies, microbiology, quantum electronics and laser technology, thermodynamics of surface and disperse systems, ecology and environment protection, biology and biological resources, education, and cultural heritage.
The main activities of the Scientific Research Centre are as follows:
- Provides administrative and financial services of projects;
- Performs project financial management and reporting;
- Provides support in project proposal development;
- Provides information about funding opportunities;
- Supports technology transfer;
- Provides consultancy in IPR issues;
- Performs training in commercialization of research results;
- Maintains web sites and data bases about projects and results;
- Produces electronic monthly newsletter, on-line journal of academic research publications, Yearbook of research project results, and promotional materials;
- Serves as a National Industry liaison office of CERN;
- Participates in international research and technology transfer networks.